Selling Your House: Ten Tips
One of the biggest mistakes people make when selling a house, is not understanding real estate value. It doesn’t matter at all what you think your home is worth. The value of your home, and any improvements you made, is determined by buyers. What you enjoyed about your house is irrelevant when it’s time to sell it. Think in terms of what other people want, and use some of the following tips.
House Selling Tips
1. Know your market. Find out what other similar houses have sold for.
2. Decide on your minimum price.
3. Clean the most visible things first. Buy a new mailbox, perhaps. If buyers fall in love with the house before they even enter it, they’ll forgive a lot of problems.
4. Clean up the neighborhood. If there’s a neighbor whose yard is a mess, give their kids $10 to pick up the yard. Spend another $20 to put flowers in any common-areas, and buyers will have a better first impression of the neighborhood.
5. If you or your agent aren’t getting many calls, find out why. Is more advertising necessary, or is the price too high? Drop it fast, if price is the problem.
6. Listen to comments of prospects. They will be more objective than you. If you hear several times that the kitchen is dark, get out the white paint.
7. Find out what the average sales time is in your area. If your house is taking longer than average to sell, there is a problem. Usually it’s price.
8. Be sure to ask your real estate agent what they plan to do – before you sign a listing agreement. Write down what she says, and hold her to his promises.
9. If there are any known problems, such as an old roof, get an estimate for repairs. Do any improvements that can realistically get you at least a two-to-one return on investment. If $300 to seal the driveway is likely to add $600 to the sales price of the home, do it. Consider first those things that are most visible.
10. Look for an experienced Real Estate Agent. Contact Trish Adams, she has been in the industry for 25 years and she will surely sell your home at it's best price!
There are dozens of things you can do to sell your house faster, and get a better price. If you don’t have time to do them all, start with the ones that will get the most “bang for your buck.”
Thinking of selling your home? Call me 253-350-1655 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org